B. 5-22-08
C. 3:40 PM
D. 41 degrees Fahrenheit
E. Raining
F. A little wind
G. Moist
H. River water levels will rise
I. Rain these past days has made a difference in the ecosystem of my observation location. An organism has presented himself in the presence of this weather. The worm has risen up from the soil because of the rain. This makes for a fine meal for the birds, a predator to the worms. I think worms have a sort of defense against birds by not coming out of the soil which can be either phenological separation or masting but I am leaning more towards phenological separation. Worms and soil have a symbiotic relationship of mutualism. I believe this to be true because the worm fertilizes the soil and the soil provides a safe place for the worm to live in for a while. Weather can really change things around, besides the worms and water levels in the river, the trees have started to grow leaves. Overall the ecosystem has benefited from the weather this week.
1 comment:
Good observation of the presence of worms in your area, however, be sure that you use the ecological terms correctly as symbiotic relationships pertain only to two biotic factors. Also, you could look at the worms role as a decomposer in the food chain.
Post a Comment