Thursday, May 8, 2008

Observation #2


I did my observation in the same spot again at the snake river at 6 PM May 7. It was about 53 degrees outside and it was partly cloudy and not windy. The soil was soft. I saw a population of three geese swimming in the river. I predict that those geese will stay in that ecosystem for a pretty long time because of the water. I also found some type of bacteria growing in the dirt. The biodiversity is at a medium level I would say because of the organisms in the community found there like, moose, geese, birds, bacteria, trees and bushes.

1 comment:

Ms. Overly said...

Good observations regarding the geese and the role they most likely play in their environment. Be sure to expand more on the ecology concepts covered in class as this will add depth and content to your observations. Also be careful to avoid starting most sentences with "The" or "There were" as it starts to sound less sophisticated than I know you can write.