Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Observation #1
My first observation took place over by the snake river May 5th at 6:50 PM. The weather was nice and warm, it was partly cloudy but most the time it was sunny. The temperature was at 57 degrees Fahrenheit. It was not really windy and there was just an occasional light breeze. There were bushes there but they had no leaves. The soil was soft but most plants are still leafless. The area has like two seperate areas in which one there is lots of rocks by the river and on the other side there is grass and trees. I found moose scat and I think that moose sometimes go there to drink water. I hypothesise that the bushes will grow leaves and stuff that moose can eat and the moose will come back and eat in there. There were birds in the trees but I didn't know what kind of birds there were. There weren't many bugs but I saw a couple spider webs. The river water was calm by the edge and that supports my hypothesis of moose drinking water there. I also found tracks by the river which I suspect are moose tracks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment